About Me

Loving life (and trying to remember it) with these three boys.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Disneyworld, Day 1

Okay, so I have never considered myself to be a "Disney" fan. I was never one to buy Mickey Mouse stuff or encourage Abe watch the Disney channel. And I am not sure where the idea to go to Disneyworld came from, but I can honestly say that it was a fabulous trip. Between the perfect weather (high 70s) and the fact that it was truly our first family vacation with just the three of us, we didn't want to leave. It was truly magical and just what we needed. We can't wait to go back!

We left for Orlando just days after arriving home from Christmas in Colorado, and I think we were all a little overwhelmed at the thought of getting on a plane and leaving home again so soon. Our trip down went smoothly (with the exception of the 6 hour delay and 4:30 am arrival). We slept for a couple of hours and then started our Disneyworld adventure.

We took it pretty easy the first day, but that evening, at Abe's request, we went to a Norwegian castle in Epcot to have dinner with the princesses. It was absolutely priceless. Abe was shy at first, but was flirting as well as his Dad by the second princess. Dinner was good, and we rode a Viking ship ride afterwards before heading back to our hotel for a good night's sleep.

3 comments:

the mathisons said...

Hey sis! I love the new blog look! That picture is perfectly Abe! Now I know why he wanted to go to the princess castle... not just because his favorite color is pink!

Alicia said...

Aunt Kelli, his favorite color is blue! Don't worry, he can't read yet, and I won't tell him. Otherwise your hero status in his eyes would be reduced back to "Aunt" level.

And you inspired me on the new blog look. The old one was so dark it was depressing.

Anonymous said...

Love the look as well! You do such a great job! I'm glad you said that about Abe's favorite color...Isabelle talks constantly about her loved ones' favorite colors...and Abe ALWAYS gets the blue things in her book! Sher