About Me

Loving life (and trying to remember it) with these three boys.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Imaginations

These boys have the best imaginations.  Somedays I just can't keep up.  Last night after dinner, Jack came in from playing outside and wanted us to come see something.  I caught something about "puppies" and "tools," so I summarized: "You want us to come see your puppy use tools to fix something?"  My almost-three-year-old looked at me with a surprised look.  "Mommy.  Puppies don't have tools."  Oh, my mistake.

Jack has also informed me that he wants to be a puppy when he grows up.  We can be his owners, and he will be a nice dog.

When we ask what he wants for his birthday: a puppy.  And he wants a puppy cake.  Are you seeing a theme?  Eek.  I would love for the boys to have a dog, but I just don't know that we are up for it.  If only Myrtle would get a dog and we could borrow it!

Jack is feeling out the role of big brother.  He has now mastered the "Mommy, is it ok that Charley has the ___________ (crayons, knife, scissors, etc.)?"  You can almost see the hope that Charley will be getting into trouble.  Ah, brothers.

No comments: