About Me

Loving life (and trying to remember it) with these three boys.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Triathlon Family

Abe participated in his first triathlon in May of this year, and he loved it!  I was so impressed that he wanted to do it.  It was a 25 yard swim, 2 mile bike ride, and 1 mile run.  He did great!
Gathering the gear

Waiting patiently for the swim to begin -- even a cool timing chip like Dad!




Pushing through


Finishing strong.... the transition into too-small five fingers with wet feet was a bit challenging.

So happy.... he said he sang "God is Not Dead" whenever it got hard.  Love that boy.

Proud Dad.

Dar also did two triathlons this summer, one of which I did also.  I absolutely love triathlons and think they are a great way to train with less chance of injury, but will admit that I had trouble getting out of bed to swim this summer.  I really do think I will give full training a try before next triathlon season.  I might have two Mathisons to compete against before long!

No comments: