Jack told me the other day that he needed to tell me something. "Mommy, I love Dolphy more than I love you. But just a smidge."
******
A couple of weekends ago, Jack got locked in the bathroom. It's an old school lock that has to be turned to open (more complicated than it sounds). Charley came to get me to help. Once we got him out, Jack said "I thought I'd be stuck in there and be alone forever."
Charley said, "Jack, you are never alone. Jesus is always with you." Be still my heart. And then, "Mommy, can Jesus unlock doors?"
******
On our way to scouts last week, I overheard Abe saying to Jack, "Jack, maybe if you're lucky, when you're older you can join the circus and swallow fire for real."
*****
Jack has been requesting that I ask him to do things in Spanish. Not everything, just things he doesn't want to particularly do. This is both creative and frustrating, considering I don't speak Spanish. I have started requesting things in French occasionally, and he doesn't seem to know the difference so far.
*****
For quite a while now, whenever Jack trips or falls, he jumps up, puts his hands up and yells "Force Field!" meaning he can't get hurt because he has one. He also sometimes says, "It's ok, I have protection."
On the day of the Hardy/Mathison Easter Egg hunt, Jack was tired. He didn't get a nap that day, and so was especially worn out after the excitement of the hunt. He was the last one heading into the house and tripped with his Easter basket. He started to get upset, but then got up, gathered his things, and handed an imaginary something to Dar. "Here Daddy, that happened because I forgot to charge my force field. Better charge that up."
I now hear a certain 3-year-old yell "Force Field!" whenever he falls. Seems to work better than Mommy's kisses. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment