About Me

Loving life (and trying to remember it) with these three boys.

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Jokes

We are sitting outside in the beautiful 70 degree weather.  Dar left at 6:30 this morning for a bike ride with John, and after delivering a birthday doughnut to a friend, the boys are playing in the back yard while I grade, grade, grade.  It is the end of the semester crunch for me, and while I am dreading the amount of grading I still have left, I feel unbelievably blessed to be sitting outside, enjoying the sun and listening to the boys play while I work.

We brought lunch outside for a picnic (which started when Charley brought me a glass of water -- with fancy straw -- and apple.  He has been loving to "take care of me."  It's precious..... I predict his future wife will be one lucky girl.  Anyway, in the midst of lunch, Charley says "Mommy, what did the man say when he walked into a bar?"  You can imagine my train of thought -- why is my 3-year-old telling bar jokes?!?!?!  Wait for it....... "Ow."  I laughed so hard, mostly from relief.

No comments: