My niece Amelia, who was born when I was in 8th grade, left for college Friday. It is a bittersweet occasion, because I am so excited for her, but am going to miss her so much. She has an awesome basketball scholarship to Kankakee and is anxious to venture out into the world. I have always had a very close relationship with Mia, not like a typical Aunt/Niece relationship. She is a beautiful, talented and fun girl whose confidence I have always admired. I miss her already, but thanks to texting, she won't feel too far way. Look out world!
About Me
- Alicia
- Loving life (and trying to remember it) with these three boys.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Bittersweet
My niece Amelia, who was born when I was in 8th grade, left for college Friday. It is a bittersweet occasion, because I am so excited for her, but am going to miss her so much. She has an awesome basketball scholarship to Kankakee and is anxious to venture out into the world. I have always had a very close relationship with Mia, not like a typical Aunt/Niece relationship. She is a beautiful, talented and fun girl whose confidence I have always admired. I miss her already, but thanks to texting, she won't feel too far way. Look out world!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Alicia Jean,
I read this the first time at your house and I cried then, which is understandable considering you conveniently passed down your glorious crying ability. But now, I'm reading it in the lovely KCC library filled with baseball players and I'm crying again.
Thanks...alot. :b
But I love you so much, and I'm so thankful for you and dar and your boySSS. Oh man, boys plural... (:
Mia<3
Post a Comment