About Me

Loving life (and trying to remember it) with these three boys.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Preschool Politics



Abe had homework last night. That in itself was funny, but the assignment was great. They are studying dinosaurs right now, and they had their very own dinosaur election today. Abe said they were voting for dinosaurs like we were voting for the United States. Pretty awesome for a 4-year-old, right? So his assignment last night was to color either the picture of the meat eater or the plant eater, cut it out, and wear it on his shirt. He knew right away he wanted to cut out the meat eater, so he colored it blue (of course), we cut it out, and on it went this morning. I asked if he wanted to come vote with me so he could see what I did, but he said "No, yours will be boring and mine will be fun."

He was very excited to head to school today, but looked crestfallen when I picked him up. Guess the plant eaters won.

6 comments:

the mathisons said...

Abe, I will join your meat eating party!!!

Alicia said...

I will let him know Aunt Kelli. He was seriously devastated. He said all the girls voted for plant eaters.

the mathisons said...

salad eating losers is what I call them... you can tell him that, but maybe in a nicer way. we don't want him kicked out of school. and not that salad is bad.. it actually is good and good for you... i really like mine with some STEAK on it! GRrrrrr!

Anonymous said...

he looks very distinguished in his picture...future politician on our hands? :b

Anonymous said...

It seems a little more than I need to check the information, because I was thinking: Why does not my GLOG these things!

Anonymous said...

It seems different countries, different cultures, we really can decide things in the same understanding of the difference!
PE Net