About Me

Loving life (and trying to remember it) with these three boys.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day



Well, I am clearly a month behind, with a lot of catching up to do. It will come, in time. For today, I wanted to get this picture posted of the four favorite guys. I have developed a hobby of capturing the most random expressions on everyone's faces, instead of trying to get everyone to smile (this is an outright lie, but it makes me feel successful when I upload the pictures).

Dar is the most amazing father I know. When I see our kids interacting with him, I can't help but think how lucky they are to have a Daddy who plays with them, teaches them, and loves them so completely. All of our boys are Daddy's boys, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Abe has recently been asserting his independence from me even more, and in doing so, wants to be more like his Dad. He wants to dress like him, eat like him, and do what he does. The other day he wanted to put work jeans on so he could go out and fix the Cougar for his Dad. When I asked why he loves his Daddy so much, he responded "Because he is so strong, because he can fix anything, and because I want to be just like him when I grow up." I couldn't hope for anything more than that all three of my boys would grow into men like their Dad.

Jack has always been Dar's boy. He saves his biggest smiles for when Dar gets home from work, and always wants to be with him. He tends to have Dar wrapped around his finger, and it melts my heart to see it. He will weather heat and dirt, just to be by his side. I love to walk behind and watch the two of them hold hands.

And Charley.... well let me just say that Dar has a way with Charley that I have no aspiration of having. I've been making it a habit to go see a movie with my cousin every week, and I nurse Charley right before I leave and basically race home after the movie (all the while picturing a wailing Charley and frenzied Dar -- all because I HATE to pump right now), only to learn that Charley has been sleeping peacefully since I left and will probably continue that way for another hour or so.

These boys and I am so lucky to have Dar. I can't imagine parenthood without him. Here's to you babe.... I love you!

No comments: