Well, we are a completely pacifier-free house. It's been a long week with Charley (although not so much with Jack -- he doesn't want any stinkin' "broke" pacifiers). Between battling a cold, getting his pacifier taken away, and sleep training since midnight on Saturday (when I decided that after getting up three times already to reinsert the pacifier, we weren't doing it anymore), Charley's had a rough week.
We've had good days and bad days, but the good news is that nighttime sleep is a ton better. We took him to the chiropractor to get adjusted Wednesday, and he slept through the night for the very first time (8-5). He did great again last night (woke up at 4 to eat, but that's a huge improvement). We are still struggling with naps, which is really tough to work on when the other two need me too, but we will get it figured out. I've been praying for a lot of wisdom, patience, and perseverance.
Mom left for Greece on Wednesday, so the boys stayed with Aunt Doris yesterday while I taught. She's a champ... that woman does not act like she is 75. I called Dar on the way home and told him not to be concerned about Jack's appearance upon our arrival home. He just looked especially rough because on top of the no-nap afternoon, Aunt Doris gave him a snickers bar and blue koolaid for the drive. She's hilarious. Dar wants to know what it is about Lafary women that makes them want to give our kids sugar!
Dar's parents get here tomorrow and will spend the week with us. It will be great to have them here to help out with the boys and celebrate Jack's birthday. Well, I think Charley might actually be asleep, so I should head down to start school with Abe (as a sidenote to the sleep issue, Abe has probably benefited the most this week, because he gets to postpone schoolwork and just play until I get Charley down for naps).
No comments:
Post a Comment