About Me

Loving life (and trying to remember it) with these three boys.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

8.

Abe's Scout graduation.... he is officially a Bear.

It doesn't even seem possible.  Abe turned 8 on Sunday.  He had a fantastic birthday weekend, filled with a surprise visit from Grandma Bernie, "The Avengers," a sleepover with Brock, a birthday party, swim practice, and Red Lobster.  I was seriously ready for the weekend to end!



This was Abe's face when he found Grandma in the nook Saturday morning.  He was so excited!  And the progression of boys waking up worked out well.
 A few minutes later, Jack woke up....


 And then a few minutes later, Charley....

I didn't get any pictures at the theater, but we had a great time.  Dar and I took Abe and Brock, and it really was a great movie.  We picked up pizza, and the boys had a great time playing Avengers all night.   My Mom had gotten all the boys Avenger shirts, and it was cute to see them all excited about them.  Sunday morning, we had traditional breakfast doughnuts, with the birthday boy getting to light his own candle.


Think Charley looks excited about doughnuts?



After church, Abe's buddy Jackson came home with us to celebrate.  We stopped to get Jackson an Avengers shirt so he could match the other guys.  Mom, John, Angie, Mia, Scott, Sherry, Isabelle, and Mia joined us for gondolas and some awesome ice cream cake.  I'm not quite sure how we ended up with a Pirates theme instead of Avengers, but whatever.......



Encouraging some Olympic excitement!

Abe with some of his favorite people (with a sweet poster made by Mia)
He had a great day, even though I think he is still tired from the weekend!  He got some really cool lego sets, a new bike helmet, a Michael Phelps poster, "Soul Surfer" the book, and some clothes.  He was overjoyed with the clothes.  Okay, that might be a stretch.  So blessed to have this boy.  I love his heart and who he is becoming.  When we were on our way to the movie, we were talking about listening for God's voice and how challenging that can be.  Abe said, "I know.  I'm always like 'Wait, is that God talking or is it just my brain?  How can I turn off my brain so I can just hear Him?'"  I.  Love.  This.  Boy.  And, as a point of excitement for me, he has not been calling me "Mom" yet.  :)  Happy Birthday Abe!

No comments: