About Me

Loving life (and trying to remember it) with these three boys.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Clowns.

For those of you who know me, you know that clowns are not a favorite of mine. I think they are flat-out creepy and don't know why anyone would think a child would enjoy seeing a creepy, painted face. I often say that I don't know that Dar and I would be married today if I had known in the beginning that his career aspiration when he was young was to be a clown.

I also don't know if I would have signed Abe up for this particular preschool if I had known they have an ENTIRE week dedicated to the circus. Yes, you can guess that clowns were the primary focus of the week. Abe even brought home a paper encouraging him to dress like a clown for class last Wednesday. Dar was "conveniently" out of town, so the task of turning Abe into what I fear fell on me. I sucked it up, tried to make him see as un-scary-clowny as possible, and here are the results. Not bad, if I do say so myself. But the make-up is creepy.


And this is my un-scary, 6-month-old, green-haired "clown."

3 comments:

The Robinson Family said...

Good job! : )

the mathisons said...

Did you have the wig on hand? OR are you secretly dating a circus carnie while Dar is out of town? I love both those boys... tell Jack to slow down on the growth spurts.. I still want to see a baby boy when we are together in July!

The Reeder Family said...

You can't possibly still have a fear of clowns after seeing these two adorable boys as clowns, can you? I absolutely love that smile on Jack's face-it's priceless!