Abe (from the backseat): "Mommy, does God own everything?"
Me: "Well, yes, but he lets us use it and take care of it."
Abe: "Even my reading book?"
Me: "Yes, aren't we lucky?"
Abe: "Not really. I don't even like that reading book."
Nice. So I guess Abe thinks God can go ahead and keep that one for his own collection. But the good thing is that we only have 23 lessons left in the book, so we might be able to finish it before the baby arrives. And, even though it takes us quite a while, Abe is reading! I checked out some Dick and Jane books the other day and he has been having fun reading those. I think we're really there.
And to top it all off, the day after we got home from vacation, Abe asked if he could get me some really cold water. I said sure, and ten minutes later, this is what I had.
1 comment:
Oh that cup is so sweet! Aren't you so glad you have a blog to record sweet moments like that?? My mom is always telling me what a blur my own childhood was, so I'm glad I'm going to be able to look back at my blog and remember the details.
Post a Comment