
So... potty training has been crashing our lives for the past couple of months, and we certainly have quite a few potty training anecdotes to share with you, if interested, although if you want any actual, successful, potty training tips, don't look here. A couple of months ago while shopping at Target, Abe selected some very cool markers he thought he should take home. As we were at the blissful beginning stages of potty training, I jumped at the chance to use this as a "big" potty training reward. So, I told Abe we could get the markers and he could use them when he went #2 on the potty. He happily agreed. A couple of weeks later, we had a #2 success (total fluke, by the way) and Abe got to use the markers for a couple of hours. Then we put them away until next time. Needless to say, they are probably in the final stages of drying out as I write this. Abe likes the markers, but apparently is not completely motivated.
I am off on summer break, so potty training has been more intense AND more tiresome, at least for Dar and me, if not for Abe. Everyday for the past 3 weeks when Abe messes his pants, I have said "Well, looks like no markers today....." to which Abe tries to fake some disappointment while saying "Nope." Last week, I was getting ready when Abe called me into his room. He was sitting on his top bunk with the orneriest look on his face. He says to me, "Guess what Mommy? No markers today!............ I pooped in my pants!"
He's lucky he's so cute!
2 comments:
I love that kid! Give a great big squeeze from his "funny" aunt kelli! Christmas is too stinkin' far away!!!
I miss you all something terrible!
Post a Comment