About Me
- Alicia
- Loving life (and trying to remember it) with these three boys.
Friday, July 20, 2007
Potty Training Twist
Well, if you've talked to me at all this week, you know that it has been a stressful week (with cleaning out my Dad's house and potty training). Dar left for Ragbrai (a nearly 500 mile bike ride across Iowa) this afternoon with his Dad and my stepdad. Abe and I are getting ready to leave for Memphis tomorrow. My niece, Amelia, is playing in a basketball tournament this weekend and we are going along to watch (okay, and shop). Anyway.... Abe's latest potty training development is this: I put him to bed and read him a couple of stories. I turned on his music and was ready to walk out the door when he said he had to potty. So I said "Okay, let's go." "No, you go in the other room and then I'll tell you I have to potty." Okay, that cracked me up. But it gets better. I went downstairs to change laundry and hear feet pattering upstairs (I left the gate down since a bathroom visit seemed inevitable) and "Mommy, I have to potty!" I finished changing the laundry and came up to find Abe on the potty, doing what he should. He washed his hands and we went back to his room. Before I could get Abe back in his bed, he had to turn his music back on. Apparently he is such a big boy that he can pause his cd player now so he won't miss any valuable lullaby music while using the facilities. That kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment