About Me

Loving life (and trying to remember it) with these three boys.

Friday, February 25, 2011

A Little Bit of Snow...

We woke up to a couple of inches of snow today -- not a lot, but still a bummer when we are all so ready for spring and health and being outdoors.  It was so nice to run last night on clear sidewalks.  Hopefully this last snow will melt soon.

Seeing the snow today reminded me that I never posted about the HUGE snowstorm we had on February 1st.  I think 15-17 inches was the total amount of snow.  It was crazy!  I've never seen snow like that.  Mom said we had a storm like that the year I was born, but not since.  We even had thundersnow, which was utterly bizarre.


My gorgeous husband out shoveling

The shoveling supervisor

Abe went out for a while, but it was COLD!

It was super cold in the days soon after, so the boys didn't get out to play right away, but a week and a half later, they had a ball.  Grandma and Grandpa even got in on the sledding action (although somehow I missed getting a picture of Grandma on the sled)!

Ready, set....

Go!


The professional needs no assistance.

Hanging out in the awesome igloo.

Racing!

Poppy's belly slide

LOVE this smile!

Who knew such a little hill could be so much fun?


Not one to be left out of the action...
Mmmmm, clean snow

Eating the original snow cone.

Charley's brief adventure... a family picture

Our very own Frosty -- isn't he great?

1 comment:

Britta said...

Looks like they had a blast! Too bad those old neighbors of yours...the ones who used to stare out the window from across the street....didn't coming running out to join you :( Miss you guys!