About Me

Loving life (and trying to remember it) with these three boys.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Runner?

Keep in mind that I use that term loosely.  "Jogger" is probably more accurate, because I am in no way fast, but "runner" just sounds so much cooler.

I have never been a runner.  I have never liked it, and I have always thought runners were maybe a little crazy.  But I have always wanted to do it.   So, the week before Thanksgiving, I went out for a 20 minute walk.  I ran a little.  It wasn't too bad, so I decided to go out 3 times a week, keep it to 20 minutes, and run what I could.  At the beginning of December, I ran my first mile.  Talk about exciting!

I keep working at it... it never feels easy, but I have a different attitude towards exercising than I ever have before.  And I am actually liking it!  In fact, Dar and I are talking about attempting a half-marathon for our 10 year anniversary this fall (the attempting would be on my behalf; he could do it no problem).  I've got a ways to go, but it is an adventure I am thoroughly excited about.

This is me coming back from my first-ever 2 mile run!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

You look great! I'm with you on running. Don't like it but see the value in it. I've decided that 2 miles is plenty for me to feel good about myself. Hmmm, I just need to actually keep at it! : ) A half marathon?! Wow! Sounds like something you two would enjoy doing together--go for it! Keep it up. I'm impressed that you are running in the winter! : )

Britta said...

You go girly! I'm so happy for and proud of you sticking with the plan. I hope to be right on your tail...(except not really cause we live here now)...soon if I can get in my groove.

Keep up the hard work!