About Me

Loving life (and trying to remember it) with these three boys.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Strep

Boo.   My sore throat started yesterday morning as Dar was getting ready to leave for the airport.  I kind of brushed it off, chalking it up to a few nights of not so good sleep.  Plus, I really haven't had strep in a while.  I went to bed pretty early, and the boys all slept great, so I was hopeful that I would wake up feeling better.  Unfortunately, I felt much worse this morning.  Fortunately, Mom was coming in to the hospital to see John anyway, so she came over this afternoon and sat with the boys so I could run to prompt care.  The good news: the doctor was impressed with the size of my throat.  The bad news: I have very bad strep throat.  In fact, I don't think my throat has ever hurt this bad.  But, I have drugs now, and the doctor said I should be feeling better in 48 hours.  And my husband will be home tomorrow, so that makes me feel better.

No comments: