About Me

Loving life (and trying to remember it) with these three boys.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Success!

... I think.  Jack has been doing great on potty training since last Friday.  That makes a week with no accidents!  Praise God!  And it certainly was thanks to some prayers.  I had a rough morning with Jack last Tuesday morning.  So rough, in fact, that I put him in time-out for peeing in his diaper.  I realized after I left for work that I needed to chill.  So, I called to apologize to Jack (to which he didn't seem to even remember being put in time-out), called my husband, called a friend, and asked my bible study that night to pray for my patience.  Starting Wednesday morning, Jack started really getting the hang of it.  Amazing.  God is good.  And Jack has been hilarious through it all.  Sunday evening when we were getting ready to leave for small group, Jack decided he wanted to wear underwear (as opposed to the pull-ups he had been wearing).  Once we got to small group, I asked Jack if he wanted to tell everybody something.  He got a big grin, set down his toy, and pulled down his jeans.... "Did you notice this?"  I wish I had his sweet voice recorded.

The next night, Jack announced that he didn't want to wear pants for the rest of his life.  Dar thinks this might prevent him from getting a job, but Jack doesn't seem too concerned at this point.  And for the record, he has been wearing pants on a regular basis this week.

Tonight as I was getting Jack out of the tub, I asked him to go get a pull-up.  He came into our room with underwear, and I said "Oh buddy, you have woken up wet a couple of mornings, so I think you ought to wear a pull-up tonight."  Jack: "I have to wear underwear because my friends like it when I wear underwear."  Huh?

I love this boy, and I love that he is getting the swing of potty training.  And I am so, so, so grateful to have only one sweet boy in diapers.  And yes, we have offered to pay for Charley's college education if he will potty train before he is 2.  I can dream.


No comments: