About Me

Loving life (and trying to remember it) with these three boys.

Friday, November 11, 2011

We Run For.....



Chocolate!  

I went up to Chicago last weekend with three of my best girlfriends.... Sherry, Aimee, and Casey.  We went to run a race.  Yep.  How much have we changed?  Instead of going to eat or shop, we went to run.   Oh, there was eating and shopping of course, but running was the official reason.  The Hot Chocolate 5k is a really cool run through downtown Chicago (though a stuck semi caused the race course to be changed at the last minute and we actually ran .5 extra miles).  And at the end of the race, there is not gatorade and oranges waiting for you, but CHOCOLATE!  Hot chocolate, chocolate fondue, chocolate bars.... delicious.  It was cold enough that I did actually want the hot chocolate, but I do have to say that I think I am a post-race-water kind of girl.  Not that I'm complaining......

It was a great weekend, with good friends and lots of laughter.  I am very blessed to have such good friends, and a husband who encourages me to spend time away with them.  It was very refreshing!

No comments: