It was a tradition when I was growing up to signify the start of spring by getting our picture taken in front of the first tulips. I specifically remember pictures of Mia being taken, but can remember traipsing outside early in the morning with Mom to see the tulips long before Mia was born. We planted these tulip bulbs in the fall (some of which Mom and John brought back from their trip to Holland), and are thrilled to see how gorgeous they look! So here's to carrying on the tradition......



And this is the closest one to both looking and smiling.... although the other pictures definitely capture their personalities better!
And the redbud..... when my Dad passed away almost six years ago, Uncle Mike and Aunt Judi gave us money to plant a tree in his memory. Two years ago, we finally planted a tree. Last year, it didn't bloom. So we replaced it and said our prayers that it would take root this year....... and voila! It's beautiful. We love it. And I do think of Dad when I look at it. As I see this picture of the boys in front of it, it makes me think of how proud "Papa Ronnie" would have been of these two. I can just see him shaking his head at their antics. Miss you Dad.

4 comments:
Beautiful flowers Lish!!
I love seeing Jack in Leif's shirt and shoes... that blue looks so good on him!
I thought you'd like it! Such handsome cousins....
someone got a new lens :)
No new lens.... Dar is just better at picture taking than I am!
Post a Comment