About Me
- Alicia
- Loving life (and trying to remember it) with these three boys.
Friday, March 18, 2011
New Activity?
So.... yesterday at 5:15, my alarm clock went off and I willingly (I use that term loosely) got out of bed, put on a swimsuit, and headed to a public pool. Yes, I am attempting swimming as an athletic activity. My good friend Amy met me there and worked with me for about an hour on proper breathing and swimming technique. Oh my. I have a whole new respect for swimmers. Swimming is exhausting! I am still working on the breathing aspect of lap swimming, so I am not worrying about form a whole lot until I don't feel like I am going to drown mid-lap (this is a bit of an exaggeration, but not much). My first lap down I was swimming a little crooked, and when I came up for air, Amy pointed out that there are lines on the bottom to keep me straight. It was then that I realized my eyes were closed. Goggles don't help a lot if your eyes are closed! Give me a break -- I'm new to this.
The good news is that I loved it and I am planning on going back next week. And the even better news is that I kicked Dar out of bed at 5:30 this morning so he could go gasp for air too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Way to go Lish! You are an animal!!! Sounds like fun too :)
Post a Comment