About Me

Loving life (and trying to remember it) with these three boys.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Random

Jack to Charley: "Keep your hands to yous own self!"

So I am used to Charley unrolling toilet paper every chance he gets.  I am not used to Jack toilet papering the bathroom and his bedroom while I am cleaning up the kitchen.  When asked why he did it, Jack responded "Because it's fun Mommy!"

Abe was trying to make a deal for an extra cookie after dinner.  I told him if he finished his Math without me having to ask him repeatedly, we would discuss it.  A half hour and several reminders later, Abe asked where he was on the extra cookie issue.  I told him he had lost out because I had to keep asking him to finish..... "Well Mommy, quit asking me!"

Why is it that at about the age where kids could actually be useful with a Swiffer, they lose their infatuation with it?  When Jack was a year-old, I couldn't Swiffer when he was awake because he would fight me for it.  Now that he could probably gather some dust, he's not interested.  Yesterday, Charley discovered the Swiffer.  I am sure it won't last long....

I got the littlest two dressed after their bath and went back in to see what was taking Abe so long in the shower.  "I just got finished playing hockey.  I'll be right out."  ?????

I tried to take the boys out for a run tonight.  The original plan was that I could take the littlest two in the jogging stroller and Abe would ride his bike.  Since Abe no longer has a bike, Abe and I were going to "run" together.  We have been out a couple of times together, and he really does well.  Of course we've only gone about .7 miles, so doubling that today was probably a little ambitious.  A quarter of the way into the run, Jack started with "Mommy, me run!"  Half way into the run, Abe was ready to trade places with Jack.  So, three quarters into the run, I let them.  Needless to say, I don't know that I would impress anyone with my running stats today (not that I would on any day), but Jack seems tuckered out.  Truth be told, I was a bit relieved to have an easy day.  I felt rotten all weekend and still am not feeling up to par.  So, I am rewarding the "runners" with popcorn and a movie.

2 comments:

JeriLyn said...

great stories...made me laugh...a house full of boys is a true blessing! Thanks for sharing!
I checked your blog this morning because I love your paint colors in your home. Yes when I look at photos I look at all the details! lol. We are painting our family room and I got two samples painted on the wall and both are ugly so I am going back to your older post's to see your wall colors! Hope you don't mind!

JeriLyn said...

Loved reading your stories in this post! Made me laugh! The funny things kids say! Neve a dull moment in a house full of boys!