About Me

Loving life (and trying to remember it) with these three boys.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tough Day

When Dar got home from work today, our garage door was open.  Which meant it was open all day today. Unfortunately, someone took Abe's bicycle.  His super-cool, green, big kid's bike that he got for his 6th birthday.  He is absolutely crushed.  He just doesn't understand why someone would do that to him.  It is breaking our hearts.

So tonight, as I was tucking the boys in, I asked Abe to lead the prayer instead of me.  He started off praying for the person who took his bike.  "Please let the person know that stealing is not good.  I hope they start listening to God.  Please help me feel okay when I wake up in the morning, and that I will know that it will all be okay.  Please help me not feel too sad when I see Jack riding his bike.  In Jesus' name, Amen."

I know it's just a bike, and I know there are far bigger things to worry about.  But it is killing me to see my little guy's spirit crushed.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

:( Sadness. I'm so sorry, Abe. Sweet little prayer.