He woke up to balloons and doughnuts (as is tradition here at the Mathison house) and we had a very fun day.
All day, he was looking forward to going to Red Lobster with Grandma Myrtle and Brock, so he was thrilled when the time arrived. They pulled away, and Dar and I got to work. More balloons, some streamers, and finishing the cake (which looked like a bone for quite a while). Everyone started showing up around 6, and the birthday boy showed up soon after. He was definitely surprised!
I wish we would have gotten a picture of the crowd that was waiting to surprise him...... it meant a lot to me (and him) to see so many friends and family there. We dove right into cake -- he was thrilled with the skateboard cake.
![]() |
| This looks like the bottom of the skateboard we got him for his birthday. |
![]() |
| We were a little surprised at the trick candles -- seriously, I didn't know! |
![]() |
| Finally! Abe, I pray all your wishes come true! |
Aunt Mia made this awesome poster for the party. We plan to cut out the skateboard and hang it by his bed.
It was a great day. Mom said Abe and Brock laughed so much at dinner, and that just makes my heart feel good. She got him a pair of Vibram fivefingers, and he loves them. He wore them all day at Six Flags and thought they were so comfy. Grandma and Poppy got him a tennis raquet, and he is excited to start lessons. Bernie also made the coolest birthday card I've ever seen. As tired as he was that night, he was so happy to sit down and do the puzzle in the card. We are so blessed to have you Abe. I love your heart and the person God made you to be. You are an awesome boy, and I look forward to the next year with you!














1 comment:
LOVED the cake Lish! You are a rock star mom!!! Abe looks so big... glad he had a great day!!
Post a Comment