About Me

Loving life (and trying to remember it) with these three boys.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sister's Weekend

My sister.  Warm sunshine.  The ocean.  10 hours of sleep, two nights in a row.  Warm, complete meals.  Uninterrupted conversations.  Lots of laughter.  Even some exercise thrown in.  It was a perfect weekend.

Kelli and I met up at the San Diego airport and took the shuttle to get our rental car.  And while the $5 upgrade to a larger vehicle seemed like a good deal, for once we didn't need all the extra space.  After just a few missed exits (absolutely not our fault -- San Diego has some exit numbering issues), we took the super cool bridge over to Coronado.  Coronado is amazing.  We stayed at the Glorietta Bay Inn (just across the street from the famous Hotel Del Coronado).  Although I didn't really get any pictures of our hotel, we had a great room, fantastic views, helpful staff.



Hotel del Coronado

This was the view from our breakfast table.
We had a fantastically relaxing weekend, visiting nearby La Jolla,



We saw a guy catch this super poisonous fish -- and try to get rid of it!


riding bikes around Coronado,


Kelli sporting her sweet ride.

Loving the basket!


Silver Strand State Park

Action shot while biking... pretty sure this is more dangerous than texting and driving.

and just spending some quality time together, with gelato (in cute cups) of course.





It was a beautiful beach, with beautiful weather and great company.


You can buy this house for a mere $2.1 million.... Dar is thinking about it.  (This also has my favorite Jackorama tree.)

My favorite baby palm trees.

I got up to go for a run on the beach on our last morning (I would run absolutely EVERY day if I could run on the beach).  I got passed up by these Navy Seals (shocking, right -- that they could run faster than me?).  It was the coolest thing.  I really thought about my Dad and Sherry's Dad a lot.... they both served in the Navy.  Sherry's Mom actually lived in Coronado, and I can just imagine Art running down that same stretch of beach.  I wonder if my Dad did too?


Dar, thank you so much for arranging this weekend with Kelli.  It was just what I needed.  I love you more than anything and am so grateful for you!  Dar, of course, was Super Dad, and in addition to just keeping up with our crazy schedule at home, managed to paint the kitchen as well.  He amazes me.  The boys got to spend Friday with Aunt Bekah (can you say "spoiled?" and Monday with Grandma Connie, so I am pretty sure they didn't notice me gone too much.  My flight didn't get in until almost 9 pm Monday evening, and I was kind of sad as I was walking out of the airport because I was expecting the boys would already be asleep.  To my surprise, two sweet little boys in their pajamas came running through the airport doors to greet me.  I wish I had a picture, because it was the best sight ever.  I almost cried because it was so good to see them.  And Jack insisted on taking my suitcase -- what a gentleman.  I am the most blessed woman.


This is obviously pre-bike ride/sunburn.

Kelli -- I am forever thankful that God brought you into my life.  We are blessed to have two awesome husbands who arranged this for us (have you told Dale yet that we voted to make it an annual trip???).  Thanks for being a great friend and sister.  I love you!

No comments: