Oh. My. Gosh. Talk about a parental crisis. I felt awful. I quickly cornered Dar in the closet to tell him so he could feel awful too. It was so sad. I rationalized to Abe that he must have gotten to bed too late and missed her. I assured him I was sure she would come that night. He was still upset, so I told him MAYBE she would come during naps. Thankfully, she did. And she gave a 50 cent bonus for being late.
Abe lost another tooth on Sunday. We were tired that night too, but God was nudging us not to disappoint the boy again. The boys have all been sleeping through the night for quite some time, so this night full of awakenings was definitely out of the ordinary. We both fell asleep, and Abe woke up around midnight needing something. We did what we needed and then went back to sleep. Jack woke up around 5 with a bad dream, and it was only as I was walking out of the room that I remembered the tooth was still there. I went back to bed and pushed the Tooth Fairy out to complete the mission.
Crisis avoided. Just barely. Parenting is stressful. Being responsible for remembering to exchange teeth for money is downright challenging.
![]() |
| Thankfully, he doesn't seem scarred. |

1 comment:
One of my favorite posts--I laughed so hard! My turn is still to come...
Post a Comment