Today I am feeling like life needs to just slow down a little. Which makes me laugh when I realize that with three boys, the likelihood that life will slow down instead of speed up is unlikely. I can't believe it is Thursday already. We had a fantastic weekend, full of watching a friend compete in a triathlon, lots of projects, a party with friends, a bike ride (and run -- my first brick workout), and lots of yard work. Fantastic, productive, long weekend = EXHAUSTED Tuesday. I had to head to get groceries and diapers Tuesday morning, and while the older two were great, Charley was NOT happy about being out and about. He was very grumpy (might still be the ear infection we found out about Friday), and after Target and a quick stop by Fresh Market, I gave up. I didn't think I could handle a big grocery shopping trip with him, Sidenote: although he was literally upside down in the sling in aisle 3 (from arching his back mid-fit), he was perfectly happy to grin and flirt with the cashier on our way out. So we headed home for naps, and then headed back out. And somehow we didn't get home and get dinner started until 6:15. How does that happen?
Anyway, Abe and I are plugging away at school, but it has proven difficult these last couple of weeks because the kid suddenly LOVES to nap. He seriously cheers when it is naptime. And he sleeps for three hours sometimes. I guess it must just be a growth spurt, but it does make getting schoolwork completed a little difficult. Oh well, that's the beauty of home schooling. I had hoped to be finished with the main curriculum by today, but it looks like it will take us another week (or two......). We'll continue on with the next math level, some reading, spanish and a financial program I am excited about. He has matured a lot this school year, and although I find that he is about ten times more helpful around the house when he is supposed to be working on independent work, I really feel this is the right thing for us right now. We'll see what the future holds. I was thrilled that I had to tell him to stop reading the other night because it was time for bed. That is a definite change!
And my online class starts Monday, which means I still have a lot of work to get done on that today, because I am NOT taking my computer with me this weekend! I leave tomorrow morning for a long, relaxing, fun weekend with my sister Kelli, and I can't wait! To be fair, I have been feeling some mixed feelings of sadness and nervousness about being away from the boys for three nights, but I know they are in fantastic hands. (And as I was changing diapers this morning, I decided I won't be heartbroken about missing that for a few days.) I know Dar and the boys will have a great time, and Rebekah, Mom, and Mia are helping out -- which makes the boys very happy.
On a very bright note, Dar's heel is finally feeling better. He biked to work with his friend Chad yesterday and said it felt good. He is still taking it easy from running, but is definitely improving. I ran nearly 5 miles at Steamboat last night, and while it was most definitely tough, it felt good. And I am starting to think that a half marathon in the fall might actually be possible.......
Today is a rainy, dreary day. And although I have a ton to do, I wish I could curl up with my favorite people and watch a movie. And nap. That sounds wonderful. Maybe next week. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment