About Me

Loving life (and trying to remember it) with these three boys.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Party Animals

I have never been a big New Year's Eve fan.  It's been eight years since Dar and I spent New Year's Eve in the hospital waiting room with my best friend Sherry.  Her Dad passed away just seven days later.  And my Dad was diagnosed with cancer on New Year's Eve the following year.  So the holiday just tends to bring up some not-so-happy memories for me.  But we are making some good ones too.  I had lunch with Mom, Aunt Doris and Rebekah.  We laughed a lot, as we usually do.  Then I came home to help Dar and our friend Dave move a "new" armoire up into our room.  I am so thankful for the patience and good humor of these guys.  We laughed a lot, when it would have been easier to cuss or cry.  The guys went out for a bite and a beer after that, and then I went for a quick run (in the 50 degree freakish weather) before swinging by my niece's birthday party and getting some groceries.  I brought home shrimp (at Abe's request -- it wasn't second choice after sushi was denied) and lime sherbert with 7-up (Dar remembers always having this drink on NYE).  We played Blokus and drank our yummy drinks before calling it a night.  Now that I am remembering, I am feeling kind of bad that we didn't even do a fake countdown.  Oops, maybe next year.

This is an example of my need to practice with the lens.... Abe was happy because he wanted Chomp to be in focus.

Jack YOVED the yummy drink.... "I yove this!"

A rare somber face on Jack


Regardless, life was good in 2010.  We are very blessed and looking forward to 2011.

No comments: