Abe has known our cell phone numbers for a while, but only recently has he started calling us. He calls me when he has a question about school (while I'm at work on T/Th.) He calls Dar when something cool happens. I loved getting a call from a very excited Abe last week telling me he had gotten 100% on his flashmaster. And Dar loves when he calls to tell him anything, usually.
This week was a bit different......
Thursday morning, Dar's phone rings.
Dar: Hello?
Abe: Daddy? Why did you answer?
Dar: Buddy, you called me.
Abe: Well I meant to call Mommy.
Dar: What do you need? Maybe I can help.
Abe: Well, how many pages in "Explode the Code" am I supposed to do?
Dar: Isn't it on the chalkboard?
Abe: Oh, yep, yep, yep. I see it. All right. Thanks. Bye.
Thursday afternoon, Abe had another question for me.
Again, Dar's phone rings.
Dar: Hello?
Abe: Daddy?
Dar: Yes Abe?
Abe: Why do YOU keep picking up???
Dar: Abe, you keep calling me!
Abe: Are you 0809?
Dar: Yes buddy.
Abe: I needed Mommy!
The conversation went on for a while, but I'll spare you the details. Dar and I laughed so hard about this. It will be interesting to see if he remembers next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment